Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring in the City






Yesterday was a beautiful foggy morning so I got up and ran out to be a part of it. For two hours I wandered in my "urban oasis" city-park called, Forest Hill Park -- and it was magical.

Aside from the lovely misty and mysterious energy in the air, encouraged by the fog (and I'll have some photos of *that* beauty coming up soon), I was given an incredible treat of spending time with a herd of deer. I don't mean one or two deer -- I'm talking about a whole herd. I counted 10 of them.

I know this isn't such an amazing experience in and of itself, but I live in a first-ring suburb of a city of about 500,000 people. Forest Hill Park is only about five miles from the center of that city. It's a small space but somehow seems to have provided shelter so that a whole herd of deer could develop this spring.

I try not to think about where they all will go (since surely the space of Forest Hill Park is too small to contain them for long) as I bid the gentle creatures safe passage on their journeys and I remember the special morning I spent with them.

No comments: