Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Strength of Pink


When I was a girl and a teenager one of my favorite colors was pink. I know that is stereotypical -- for a girl to like pink -- but I fell right into the stereotype and had no problems with it.

In my twenties that changed. I felt pink was too "soft" whereas I needed to be "hard" in order to make it through college and out in the world. I started wearing darker colors and pink was set aside.

Ever since turning 40 a few months ago the color pink has, not so quietly, been making a comeback in my life. I've been drawn to it again and finding more ways to bring it into my life with my clothes and other items.

I am ready to soften. For my first 40 years I have done the things "they" expected of me. I can now return to being who *I* want to be. I know I can take care of myself -- I've done it. The softness of pink does not make me vulnerable...

No comments: