Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wild Working Weekend

Last weekend I did all things enamel jewelry as I'm gearing up for the upcoming busy holiday shopping season and thought I'd share some of it with you. Sometimes I can become overwhelmed with the thought of the work I need to so but other times I get energized by it and I jump right in. I'm very happy to say that the latter is what happened last weekend. (And we hope it continues this weekend too!) And it's coming just in time because as of now I am set to participate in three craft shows and I'm also in stores and of course there is the Etsy shop to fill. Lots to do!

(At some point I want to do a proper post on my torch fire enamel jewelry making process but for right now I'll just show you the main points.)
Firing station with torch and exhaust fan. (Taking a break with Cooper).
All the fired pieces go here while they wait for finally assembly such as ear wires and chains for pendant necklaces.
Of course everything is organized! Half of the fun of making jewelry is the organizational system I need for it! :P
Cooper oversees the entire production and gets me back to work when I want to slack off. 
So it was a productive weekend getting lots of pieces underway and I'm hoping to continue it this weekend (and several more to come, of course). I hope you have a nice and productive weekend doing that which you do that you enjoy. :)

No comments: