Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Introducing ---- Cooper!

This has been a busy summer! I've just come back from a fantastic backpacking trip and I've been working on improving the house (both to be detailed in later posts) but most exciting of all is that I have a new child -- a new canine child! His name is Cooper -- and he is very handsome!
"I love my new haircut."
Cooper is 5 1/2 years old and he was an owner surrender. That means his family loved him very much but didn't feel they could take care of him as best as he needs so they made the difficult decision to let him go to someone else who could lavish him with love and attention -- and that someone is me! I'm so lucky. We are in love:
"You're my new mom!"
Cooper is a "Cocker Spaniel mix" but I suspect there might be some Welsh Springer Spaniel in him. He is a little bit bigger than a regular Cocker Spaniel and he has the red/orange coloring of a Welshie. But no matter, he's my boy. Cooper loves napping on the seat back cushions of the couch and when he does, and I'm there napping too, he likes to touch me while he sleeps. How cute is that?!
"Are you there, mom?"
"Don't go anywhere, mom."
 Coops also loves car rides - which is a great thing because I love taking him on errands!
"You can go faster, mom, I'm hanging on."
"I hope we're not going to the doctor."
"Turn left here, mom."
"Are you taking me to the doggy park?"
 He's a sweet, curious, sensitive, contemplative lover of a boy and I feel very lucky that he found me. 
"I hope mom gets home soon..."

3 comments:

Kathy Sak said...

He is adorable!!

kerrdelune said...

Lovely little guy, and Spencer sends his regards!

Bloom Spirit Expressions said...

Thank you Kathy and Cate! I am really in love with him. He is my best boy... :)

And hi back to Spencer!