Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Stumblings

I am smack in the middle of winter here in northeast Ohio with no clear signs of the season letting up (in spite of what the little groundhog had to say) and I am stumbling between hibernation and exploration. Although I am staying as much inside as I am able I am also ready to get out again with my camera and investigate my world!

So yesterday I ventured out a bit and saw what beauty the ice can bring. This old and dead flower bush that is left over from a late summer blooming has become nearly immortalized as it is frozen in the drippings of a melting icicle higher up. It must be very weighted down by the heft of the icicle but it is mustering through and waiting for the thaw.
 
That is how I feel. Winter is always heavy for me but on some days I see the bright sun and know that it is coming back again soon and strong. Like this old bloom knows that even as I am taking the picture of its frozen existence the icicle encompassing it is slowly melting away...

3 comments:

kerrdelune said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful.....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I followed you from Aisling - Simply beautiful.
I like your words - you have filled a lot of obligations and now it is time for you....
I am old enough to be your mother - but I feel the same way :)

Bloom Spirit Expressions said...

Thank you so much to both of you! Truly....