Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

On my daily walk this morning, just for the heckuvit, I made a snowball.

Then, to continue down my path of whimsy, I made a snow angel.

I’ve been missing whimsy in my life lately. It’s much easier to get bogged down in all the “musts” and “should” of life. Those things are all clearly explainable as to why I do them.

But why did I make a snow angel? I don’t know. I don’t have a clearly obvious answer for that. Because I wanted to? Yes, but it was more than that. It made me feel good. It was simple but it was a tiny adventure in my otherwise sober hour of exercise. It made me feel childlike and simple and free.

I don’t know how else I can pursue a path of whimsy in my life but I know that I will try. If a detour that small and nearly insignificant can make me feel so good, then I want to try to find more of that…

3 comments:

Debbie said...

(big, *big* smile)
Your whimsy has blessed me, too, friend. Thank you for sharing!

FD Hepburn said...

This was *so* lovely to read. Your angel is beautiful and made me smile today. I say whimsy away wildly - and thank you for sharing!

Bloom Spirit Expressions said...

Thank you Prairie Star and Fran! I had a good time... :)