Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The End is Only the Beginning


So Autumn is heavily upon us here in the northern midwest state of Ohio. I usually don't like the Fall season. It portends colder temperatures which I don't like and also the ending of flowers and meadows which I love so much. Fall actually brings me a bit of anxiety with it's process of ending the summer revelry...

But this photo is intriguing for me. I see it as two youngster leaves eager to join in the Fall festivities. Even before the older, elder leaves have begun their journey into wintertime and their next incarnation, the young leaves have jumped into the spirit of the season with full force.

What does this mean for me exactly? I'm not totally sure. Something about eager anticipation, the rush of youth, trust in the future, unconditional acceptance.

The juvenile leaves aren't afraid of the ending which Autumn signals -- they have embraced it as the beginning of an adventure into the unknown.

No comments: