Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cycle of Renewal


There is pretty much nothing better than fresh fruit or vegetables right off the tree/bush/vine or whatever.

I took this luscious photo, "Apples in a Basket" in Russia, at the dacha house (summer cottage home). The dacha only has electricity and no running water. We spent our weekends there during my time in Russia and I loved every minute of it. This basket was filled in preparation to take back to the city so we could eat apples all week long.

My morning ritual at the dacha was to wake up and go outside to the "outhouse" and then pick a fresh apple right off the tree to eat as my morning toothbrushing session and breakfast appetizer.

As I walked the land and chomped on the fruit, knowing that when I was done I would throw the core onto the compost heap to later become sustenance for new growth, I relaxed into a calm sense of the tangible cycle of renewal of which, in my own small way, I was a part.

No comments: