Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Enjoying the Journey


I *adore* lilacs -- especially the purple ones.

Ever since I was a little girl purple was my favorite color and to see it so unabashedly expressed in nature, by the lilac bush, is exciting for me.

These purple lilac budlings will be bursting forth any day now and although I am waiting patiently for them to take their time in emerging, I am very much looking forward to when they do.

But even before the flowers do emerge I find the budlings to be just as intriguing as the sweet and beautiful flowers they will become. I enjoy looking closely at all the intricate patterns of the buds as they crowd next to each other making their space, and place, in the future bunch. Although I am eager for the bloomed flowers, I slow myself down to enjoy observing the budlings just as much.

It's another reminder for me to value the journey as much as the destination.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hello there! This post brought a warm smile as I've always enjoyed lilacs as well. We had several large bushes on the farm where I grew up. Don't they smell heavenly?

I loved this picture of yours! Growing up around them, I'd never thought to watch them blossom so closely.

Ahhhh...thank you for reminding me, too, to enjoy the journey!

Lovin' twinkles.

Marcie said...

I love this photo. I took one of two lilac buds today on a plant I bought as a "bargain bin" plant two years ago. Last year it did not bloom, so I was thrilled to see two little bloom-buds on it this afternoon. Your photo, and the words that accompany it are lovely!