Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

City Oasis Meadow Flowers


I have an urban oasis city park called, "Forest Hill Park" located about a mile away from where I live. This park was given to the city by John D. Rockefeller many years ago and at that time it was stipulated that the park always remain as such. I've been walking the paths in the park for years but last year I found a dirt trail path hidden in the woods.

When I walk the dirt path there is a ravine and a brook at the bottom. There are water falls and hidden corners. When I am immersed in the woods I can not hear any of the street noises that are invariably still going on around me. It takes me about an hour (at a fast pace!) to walk the entire trail. It is amazing to me that this slice of quiet nature is tucked within the bustling suburb/city.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I stumbled across your blog purely by happenstance, I am very glad I did. You have some very wonderful pictures posted here. I truly love the baby squirrel and the flowers.