Colorful | Fun | Free-Spirited Jewelry.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Local Blooming


[Original Posting Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2008]

I've just found out about this very cool idea which I find quite exciting. It is called Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and it is a mutually beneficial way for local farmers to survive doing what they love to do and for consumers like me to have healthy, home-grown food. You buy some "shares" of a farm and in return receive weekly boxes of super-fresh locally-grown produce! Isn't that great?!

I'm very into it! I have always wanted to do some farming of my own but the reality right now is that I just don't have the time (or the knowledge) to tend to needs of a backyard vegetable garden. Well, with CSA I can still have a garden. It's someone else's garden but I help them to maintain it and I am rewarded with their results. I love this healthy, good for the environment and good for my farmer neighbors solution.

Here in Ohio the full gardening season is just about ready to get started. I am looking forward to lots of stir-fries and veggie soups all summer long!

If you are interested here is a link to Local Harvest

No comments: